AR Developer – Startup – London - £55-65k
Josh / Josh@nekolondon.com
Only candidates passionate about Augmented Reality and the latest trends and emerging tech in this space need apply.
We have an amazing opportunity to join an AR mobile gaming startup in London who have had a very exciting 2017 and who now have their sights on the US market.
They require an experienced gameplay programmer to design, prototype and develop gameplay system utilising cutting edge Augmented Reality / computer vision and various technologies to create the ultimate augmented reality experience on mobile devices.
This will work closely with R&D Lead Engineer, Artists, Animators and the business to design and implement technical solutions to complex R&D problems and gameplay challenges. As you will play a pivotal role in developing one of their pillar game features, you will need exceptional knowledge and skills in many different aspects of game development.
The main focus of the role will be to design, prototype and develop high-quality gameplay systems around AR as well as collaborating with key stakeholders from design to art.
Key skills include:
· Experience in game programming.
· Fluency in C++.
· BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent).
· General knowledge of SWIFT and Java with best practices
· Experience of working on at least 1 title from concept to release.
· Unity 3D experience.
· Experience in optimisation
· Design and content team collaboration experience
· Excellent communication, presentation, organisation and time management skills
· Goal oriented and driven, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· A passion for games programming
Nice to have but not essential:
· Graphics and some tools experience a plus
· Experience developing games on mobile phones
· Experience developing VR/AR games
· Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
· Knowledge of Maya / 3ds Max