Lead Data Architect - Central London - Data Driven Media - 80k - 100k
Jason / Jason@nekolondon.com
We are working closely with a data-driven global agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers.
They have a very exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Architect to join their Architecture team based in central London. The ideal candidate will have vast experience in building data models and will be guiding a team of data developers to integrate external data sources into an Enterprise Data Model, and overseeing the exposure of that data to the business.
The main focus of the role will be to help shape the Model by cooperating with the Product, Analytics, and Business Intelligence teams. You will be responsible for making the key decisions about the shape of their Enterprise Data Model and ETL processes. Also making sure that the strategy they follow is aligned with development efforts.
Another aspect will be to advise on testing practices making sure that the correct level of checks and validation are in place as well as leading on their security effort, and will be ultimately responsible for making sure that the correct level of access control is put in place to secure their vast data storage.
Leadership duties include:
- Strategic vision, motivation and coaching of a data team
- Proven track of leading a data architecture team
- Management of off-shore teams
- Cooperation with the Architecture practice to ensure coherent designs of data and applications
- Ability to evangelise the vision to all the stakeholders
- In depth knowledge of tech stack, including but not limited to: Hadoop, Spark, Dataproc, Presto, Looker, GCE, GCS, Talend, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Parquet
- SQL, RDBMs, TDD, Python, Continuous Delivery and Integration, non-functional requirements and testing, pair programming
- ETL processes, streaming, batch, Lambda
- predictive modelling, Natural Language Processing, text analysis,
- Data mining
- Enterprise Data Modelling; Domain, logical, physical model
- warehouse and multi-dimensional database design and development using formal methodologies
- Learn, develop and maintain the Domain Model appropriate for the business
- Identify needs and opportunities for the use of data within the business operation
- Design and develop database systems and data flows, together with their corresponding data models and high-level information architecture.
- Communicate using diagrams (BPMN, ERD, sequence diagrams)
- Expert knowledge of data testing and data accuracy practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with the upcoming GDPR requirements
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and delivering architectural solutions that support very high numbers of peak concurrent users, that are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures.
- Identify key data sources from target systems to meet project requirements, construct data quality control solutions, provide data flow diagrams and implement conformant ETL pipeline designs to support high-quality reporting, analytics and BI.
- Manage and review data, including daily data updates, review, and evaluation; query revision; data scrubbing; code modifications and construction; design and implementation of Data Dictionaries and Data Standards.
- Develop strategies for data acquisition, privacy, retention/archiving, replication, warehousing and quality.
- Establish, maintain and document database and data model standards.
- Coaching and mentoring onshore and offshore teams.
- Collaboration with Apps Architecture, Product and Support
Current tech stack
- ETL: Talend, Spark
- Big Data: Hive, Hadoop (HDFS), GCS, Parquet, Big Query
- MPP: Presto
- Data exposure: Looker
- RDBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle (legacy), CloudSQL
Do send through your CV to be considered for this opportunity.