Front End Developer (React) – Healthcare Start-Up – Up to £65k per annum
Jason / Jason@nekolondon.com
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Senior Front End Developer to join a growing team and help to create amazing and highly performant web applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a start-up whose mission is to revolutionise the care industry in the UK, aiming to provide a holistic circle of care connecting all stakeholders; enhancing the quality of care by empowering their clients, their next-of-kin and carers.
In order to deliver end-to-end care, they are building a suite of tools to schedule, manage & monitor care visits. This includes mobile apps for clients, their next-of-kin and our carers and a back-office system for operators.
Front end stack:
The main website, instead is using WordPress with a custom theme and it is using Grunt as task runner.
Their front end develop process:
We represent our work on a Kanban board in ZenHub and focus on having a good degree of contact between the development & design teams to ensure everyone is clear on what's being built. We expect developers to have ownership of their work from start to finish, this means having autonomy to solve problems and deliver functionality into production in a timely manner.
We use pull requests and code reviews to obtain feedback from our peers.
Testing is important to us, and we want to cover all the features with unit tests where we would like to have the % as much higher as possible.
The ideal candidate will have will have four or more years commercial experience using front end technologies and you would be available to work onsite in their offices near Victoria, London. A self starter who enjoys collaborating to achieve common goals within the team. Experience with their current stack is preferred but not essential.
The codebase has been growing organically in the past months and now they are in the process of developing new features and applications, using the latest front end technologies and implementing best practices. Joining now means that you will have a say in the larger technical decisions that the company are making. A hugely exciting opportunity for applicants’ careers, as you will be joining early on, while the team is still small as they continue to grow the team throughout the year.
· Develop web pages from approved designs and content requirements using the latest front-end technologies
· Producing high-quality, clean and performant code
· Develop new and functional features and applications
· Deploying applications and monitoring their performance
· Pairing, code review and ticket verification
· Maintenance of existing features
· Analyse and fixing bugs
· Contributing to ensuring the security of the platform content
· Strong and proved experience in using React
· More than comfortable with modern web development workflows aiding tools such as npm, Bower, Bundler, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack etc.
· Familiar with CSS preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus)
· Understanding Responsive Web Design
· Knowledge of the problematics regarding cross-browsers and cross-devices
· Hands on experience using git and with either GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
· JSON REST APIs experience
· A passion for frontend technologies and a desire to develop and share your knowledge
Bonus if you have:
· Strong and proved experience in using any other JS framework
· Already worked in an Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban)
· Understand the advantages of TDD and its impact on product quality
· Some knowledge about Node.js
· A love of linting you have high standards on the quality of your own work
· Any specific knowledge from the Healthcare sectors would be greatly valued
· You excel at working alongside other Front End developers, UX researchers, Visual Designers, iOS Developers and Back End Developers as part of a cross-discipline team
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to think outside the box when coming up with solutions to problems
· You like to collaborate and participating in product decisions
· You have high standards for the quality of your own work